Hawaii is a bucket list destination for millions of travelers all over the world. The picturesque vistas, pristine beaches, and unforgettable culture round out a much longer list of amazing things about this tropical paradise. In fact, there are so many places to stay, and so much to see and do, choosing the right hotel can be a bit daunting. There are a wide variety of choices available, and you can find a great deal on a hotel in Hawaii if you start searching now – before it’s too late.
Meet The Hawaiian Islands
Hawaii is a beautiful mosaic of diverse islands, each boasting unique characteristics and hotel experiences. Let’s delve into what each one has to offer:
- Oahu: Known as “The Heart of Hawaii,” Oahu is the most populated island and home to the state capital, Honolulu, and the iconic Waikiki Beach. It offers a variety of accommodations, from the lavish The Royal Hawaiian to the budget-friendly Queen Kapiolani Hotel.
- Maui: Famous for its stunning beaches and the scenic Road to Hana, Maui is a slice of paradise. Hotels like Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort offer luxury, while Maui Coast Hotel is great for more budget-conscious travelers.
- Kauai: Referred to as the Garden Isle, Kauai is a haven for nature and wellness enthusiasts. You can indulge in luxury at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa or enjoy the intimate setting of the Kauai Shores Hotel.
- Hawaii Island (The Big Island): Home to diverse landscapes, from volcanic parks to beautiful beaches. You’ll find luxury resorts such as the Fairmont Orchid, quaint B&Bs like Holualoa Inn, and family-friendly hotels like Hilton Waikoloa Village.
- Lanai: Offering a more off-the-beaten-path experience, Lanai is an adventure-seeker’s delight. It’s home to luxurious resorts like Four Seasons Resort Lanai as well as more affordable options like Hotel Lanai.
- Molokai: If you’re looking to immerse yourself in untouched Hawaii, Molokai is the place to be. Options like Molokai Shores offer comfortable accommodations with stunning views.
Whether you’re seeking urban excitement, laid-back beach vibes, lush landscapes, or adventure, there’s an island and a hotel in Hawaii perfect for you.
Understanding Hotel Prices in Hawaii
Hotel prices in Hawaii can vary quite a bit. On Oahu, for example, you can expect to pay an average of around $350 a night for three-star accommodations and around $455 a night at a four-star resort.
Which island you choose to visit will impact your price too. For instance, Maui is unquestionably the most expensive place to stay while Oahu boasts below-average prices.
Also, remember that many Hawaiian hotels charge a daily resort fee. This typically covers amenities like Wi-Fi, pool access, and gym usage. Make sure to factor this into your budget when comparing hotel prices.
Scoring the Best Hotel Deals
Finding a great deal on a Hawaiian hotel can make your dream vacation even better. Prices can vary dramatically depending on the season, island, and hotel star rating. The most expensive time to visit is generally during the winter holidays, while the best deals are often found in spring and fall – the so-called “shoulder seasons”.
It’s wise to book in advance, especially during peak periods. Look for package deals that may include flights, accommodation, and car rentals. Also, don’t underestimate the value of a good loyalty program. Many hotel chains offer substantial discounts and perks to their members.
Essential Packing List for Hawaii
Making the most out of a Hawaiian vacation means preparing ahead. Here’s a handy list of what you should pack:
- Lightweight clothing: Pack breathable clothes, swimwear, and a light jacket for cooler evenings or high altitudes.
- Footwear: Comfortable walking shoes and beach sandals are musts. Consider water shoes for snorkeling or rocky beaches.
- Sun Protection: Don’t forget a hat, UV-protective sunglasses, sunscreen, and after-sun lotion.
- Beach and outdoor gear: Bring a reusable water bottle, beach bag, snorkel and mask (if desired), and a packable rain jacket for unexpected showers.
- Travel documents: Carry your ID, driver’s license, passport (for international visitors), and travel and hotel reservations.
Find The Perfect Deal Today
Choosing the right hotel can make your Hawaiian vacation a truly memorable experience. Whether you’re seeking the high-life in a luxury resort, a family-friendly spot with plenty of activities, a quiet retreat in a boutique hotel, or an eco-friendly lodge, there’s a Hawaiian hotel just for you.
By understanding what each island has to offer, knowing how to find the best deals, and being clear on your budget and preferences, you’ll be well on your way to an unforgettable stay in paradise. And remember, the journey doesn’t stop here – keep researching and discovering the wonders that await you in Hawaii.