Embarking on an Alaskan cruise is a dream for many, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the pristine wilderness, witness breathtaking scenery, and immerse oneself in unforgettable experiences. In 2023, travelers are in for a treat, as an array of fantastic Alaskan cruise deals are available to suit various budgets and preferences.
Today, we’ll help you navigate the sea of options, and find the perfect Alaskan cruise deal.We’ll even start your Alaskan cruise search by highlighting the very best deals on the market today. What are you waiting for? Read ahead to learn more, or continue your search online to explore the endless deals and opportunities that await you.
The Allure of an Alaskan Cruise
Alaskan cruises have grown increasingly popular due to their unique combination of breathtaking scenery, diverse wildlife encounters, rich cultural heritage, and thrilling adventure opportunities. Below are just a few of the reasons Alaskan cruises are surging in popularity:
- Stunning scenery and natural beauty: Alaska’s diverse landscapes, from vast wilderness to towering glaciers and dramatic mountain ranges, provide passengers with spectacular views as they cruise along picturesque routes like the Inside Passage.
- Unforgettable wildlife encounters: Alaska’s unique ecosystem allows passengers to witness humpback whales, sea otters, bald eagles, bears, and seals in their natural habitats.
- Rich cultural heritage: Alaskan cruises often include stops at indigenous villages, where passengers can explore ancient totem poles, watch traditional dance performances, and learn about the customs and traditions of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian peoples.
These cruises provide a unique and unforgettable way to explore one of the most remote and pristine regions on Earth, captivating the hearts of adventurers worldwide. More than just sightseeing, Alaskan cruises are famous for the bountiful menu of activities and experiences on offer.
Activities and Experiences
Alaskan cruises offer a wide array of activities and experiences that cater to diverse interests, ensuring that every passenger has a memorable journey. Have a look at some of the most popular activities and experiences you can expect to enjoy on an Alaskan cruise:
Alaska’s abundant wildlife is a major draw for cruise passengers. Many cruise lines offer wildlife-watching excursions, where knowledgeable guides help spot and identify various species. Popular wildlife-watching opportunities include:
- Whale watching: Humpback and orca whales can often be seen breaching and feeding in the waters of Alaska.
- Bear watching: Coastal brown bears and black bears can be observed fishing along rivers or roaming the forests.
- Birdwatching: Alaska is home to numerous bird species, including bald eagles, puffins, and various seabirds.
Glacier tours allow passengers to witness these massive ice formations up close. Options include:
- Glacier Bay National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the park is home to numerous tidewater glaciers and offers ranger-led presentations.
- Tracy Arm Fjord: Witness the magnificent twin Sawyer Glaciers and the surrounding icebergs.
- Hubbard Glacier: One of Alaska’s most active glaciers, it offers stunning views and calving icebergs.
Alaskan cruises often provide opportunities to learn about and interact with the region’s indigenous communities. Highlights include:
- Native Alaskan village visits: Explore local culture, art, and history in communities such as Hoonah or Ketchikan.
- Totem pole parks: Discover ancient totem poles and learn about their significance in indigenous communities.
- Dance performances and storytelling: Experience traditional dance performances and listen to captivating stories passed down through generations.
For those seeking more thrilling experiences, Alaskan cruises offer a range of opportunities for adventure:
- Hiking: Explore Alaska’s diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to alpine meadows, on guided hikes and nature walks.
- Dog sledding: Visit a sled dog camp and experience the exhilaration of dog sledding through the snowy landscape.
- Kayaking and canoeing: Paddle through calm waters, navigating around icebergs and getting up close with marine wildlife.
- Helicopter and seaplane tours: Take to the skies to witness Alaska’s breathtaking scenery, including glaciers, mountains, and remote landscapes.
Alaska’s pristine waters are home to an abundance of fish, making it an angler’s paradise. Many cruises offer fishing excursions, where passengers can try their hand at catching salmon, halibut, or other local species.
Latest Alaskan Cruise Deals
We can’t let you do all the work, so let’s kickstart your search for deals by sharing some offers currently available.
Alaska Southbound Glacier
Cost: Starting at $299 per person, was $1,939.
Length: 7 nights
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Glacier Bay Skagway & Juneau
Cost: Starting at $509 per person.
Length: 7 nights
Ship: Norwegian Bliss
4 Night Alaska Sampler
Cost: Starting at $228 per person.
Length: 4 nights
Ship: Crown Princess
Alaska Hubbard Glacier
Cost: Starting at $499 per person, was $2,693.
Length: 7 nights
Ship: Celebrity Eclipse
Alaska Gold Rush Adventure Cruisetour 2A
Cost: Starting at $1,774 per person, was $2,231.
Length: 10 nights
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Set Sail Today!
Alaskan cruises have become increasingly popular for a multitude of reasons, from the awe-inspiring scenery and diverse wildlife to the rich cultural experiences and thrilling adventure opportunities. These cruises offer a unique and unforgettable experience for travelers looking to explore one of the most remote and pristine regions on Earth.
As more people discover the magic of Alaska, it’s no wonder that Alaskan cruises continue to gain popularity and captivate the hearts of adventurers around the world. You don’t have to break the bank to experience one of these bucket-list experiences either. Simply search online for the latest Alaskan cruise deals and set sail today.